So, this “things you might not have known about me” has been flying around facebook. It looks fun, doesn’t it? Here’s 10 about me:
1. My real name is Christy, not Urban. Well, it’s Christina…
2. I spent many years as a Roadie! I travelled around the world doing audio for some of the biggest and smallest bands you’ve ever seen.
3. I’ve been to all 50 states and all over the world, but I still love to call Tacoma home.
4. I thought that I wanted to open my own nursery when I got off the road. I made a very smart choice to work in a couple of local nurseries before I invested all of my money. Guess what? There’s no money to be made in owning your own nursery.
5. So, I sort of fell into becoming a garden designer. Same goes for dealing garden antiques. I make this garden designer/antique dealer thing look easy, but it ain’t easy. Not at all.
6. My technical background made me a natural for installing Christmas lights. My knowledge of electricity and light design made too much sense.
7. I don’t have anything cool in my garden. In-fact, if you saw my garden, you would never hire me.
8. When I grow old and retire, I would like to spend my final years poaching poachers.
9. I wish plant nurseries, garden designers, landscapers, mow and blowers… would be more honest with people. For example: If you want to have a garden, you WILL have to weed. No exceptions! There is no magic groundcover, mulch, chemical, or fairy dust that will keep weeds from growing. Except maybe elbow grease. Think about it, if this mythical weed blocker existed, don’t you think we would all have it? Don’t you think municipalities would require it? Don’t you think rich people would have their full-time gardeners use it right before they fired them forever???
10. I think I rant too much.